Thursday, November 17, 2011

Come down from the mountain, you have been gone too long

Nice title?  It was the first thing that popped into my head. . .

Lately I have been feeling very uninspired and had zero motivation. I mean ZERO. Now that the end of the semester is drawing near, it's multiplied by probably a thousand. 

HOWEVER,
I'm sure I'm not the only one. So here's a little something to help give us all a little, much needed boost. 

I'm not the biggest fan, but I had the opportunity to listen to Hilary Weeks and many other inspiring people last week at Time Out For Women. It was a great, uplifting weekend with my mom and other women that I love and look up to. The African-American woman in the video spoke as well. And let me tell you, she is one INCREDIBLE lady. So cute, too. I loved her. She has been through the most horrifying things, and she is truly inspiring. If you have a few minutes, grab a tissue and  check her out in the first half of this other video.

Anyways, back to business. Watch THIS video now. Then I'll talk some more :) Yeesh, I'm so bossy. (Yeesh is my favorite saying from New Girl)


I learned two really great things from this video/song:

1. I CANNOT judge others. You never know what someone is going through, or what they have been through in the past. Everyone has their own, private life story. I just need to love everyone and accept them for who and what they are. Christ see's our hearts and knows what we are experiencing on such a personal level. I think I'll let Him do the judging from now on.

2. I need to stop wishing my life away. School is stressful. We all know that by now, right? But this should be such a fun, exciting time for me in my life! I can't keep thinking, "Oh, I'll be so happy when this test is over." Or "I'll be so happy when I'm finally done with school." Once we get into this attitude of procrastinating our happiness/enjoyment of life, I think we get stuck in the habit of never enjoying the present. I (as well as all of you) have SO many things to be grateful and happy about. Everything that the Lord allows me to experience is for my good and progression. The events of my life now, are shaping me into the person He wants me to become. I need to remember that and love the life I have NOW. 


"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured."
-Gordon B. Hinckley





1 comment: